• Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the branch manager in his/her absence.
• Assists in planning and implementing programming for adults, children and teens.
• Assists customers in readers’ advisory and reference work.
• Performs circulation desk procedures such as registration, check-in and holds.
• Assists customers with the use of public equipment such as computers, photocopiers, and self-check machines.
• Maintains and shelves books, periodicals, and other library materials.
• Creates and sets up informative and decorative displays.
• Visit schools and other organizations to talk about library programs and services.
• Conduct library tours and special programs for classes and community groups.
• Help to supervise the youth summer reading program.
• Engage in professional development activities, such as taking continuing education classes and attending or participating in conferences, workshops, professional meetings, and associations.
Education: Master’s Degree Required, Field of Study: Library Science
Experience: 2 plus years of experience in working at a public library.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Indiana driver’s license is required.
Other Requirements: Familiarity with social media including YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Proficient in the use of eReaders.
Genuine liking and understanding of youth and the general public served.
This position pays a salary of $38,841.71 and up based on comparable and related experience. Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability plans. Cumulative sick leave. Library-paid retirement fund. Personal business leave. Four weeks vacation. Deferred compensation plan (457). Federal credit union. Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Variety of voluntary insurance plans. Flexible spending account. Relocation allowance. Free parking
About this company
The Allen County Public Library has been part of the social and cultural fabric of Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding communities since 1895. We have grown to consist of the beautiful, 367,000 square foot Main Library in downtown Fort Wayne and thirteen branches throughout our city and outlying communities. Fort Wayne has been cited as the Best Read City in the United States by Places Rated Almanac, due in large part to the library's collection and patrons' use of it.
Location/Region: New Haven, IN