The Research Support Librarian (Health Sciences) provides access to a variety of tools, training, and research support in biomedical and public health resources to the departments and programs in the Health Sciences Center at Tulane University. This position is part of the Matas Librarys coordinated team approach to user support services offering research consultations, general or specialized instruction, and programming tailored to the requirements of the clinical, biomedical research, and public health communities at the point and place of need. As part of the Tulane Librariesƒ‚‚™ broader scholarly engagement groups, this position will collaborate with colleagues on the uptown campus in instruction and outreach efforts as appropriate to serve the whole of the life and health sciences communities at Tulane.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Strong computer/technology skills
- Demonstrated teaching experience
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of faculty, staff, students across the University, the health sciences centers, and the community at large.
- ALA accredited MLS or other relevant graduate degree (e.g., Master of Science in health-related fields).
- Experience with emerging information technology hardware and software.
- Bachelors or graduate degree in the life or biomedical sciences, public health, or related field.
- Any certification/documentation in advanced or specialized user service training.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)