This position will serve as a curator located in the special collections department. Under the general direction of the Special Collections Manager, the Digital Curation Librarian is primarily responsible for managing digitization and digital preservation for the Library’s unique and historical materials and curating digital content.
This position requires a Master’s Degree/MLIS from an ALA accredited graduate program in Library/Information Science; a minimum of two years of experience for all special skill listed as required and a minimum of one-year experience for special skills preferred.
The following specialized experience is required:
- Experience in digital librarianship.
- Experience strategizing, developing and communicating policies and processes for creating accessions, processing, ingesting and describing born-digital materials.
- Experience coordinating outsourced digitization projects with vendors, implement internal quality checks for deliverable.
- Experience developing efficient workflow models for in-house digitization and scan-on-demand services.
- Experience using Library’s digital assets management system (DAMS), the DAMS as it relates to the OPAC, and other discovery tools.
The following skills are preferred:
- Experience developing online exhibits and programming to promote the digital special collections.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, effective communication skills.
To apply, or for additional details, please visit our website at http://dclibrary.org/about/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer
Location/Region: Washington, DC