DIRECTOR; Wilkinson County Library System; 489 Main Street; Woodville, MS 39669
Description: Wilkinson County Library System Administrative Board of Trustees seeks a creative and innovative Library Director to cultivate a vibrant, effective public library system in a county undergoing growth and change. The successful applicant must be interested, enthusiastic, innovative, and very public service oriented with excellent traditional library skills, as well as, the ability to effectively use technologies.
Situated in southwest corner of state, Wilkinson County, Mississippi is short drive to Jackson, Baton Rouge, and New Orleans. A mild climate, beautiful lush surroundings, and history dating to the early 1800s, the county offers year-round leisure opportunities.
The Public Library System consists of two (2) branch libraries; a collection of 25,000 items; electronic resources, an integrated library system (ILS); and a service area population of approximately 10,000.
• Report to five-member Administrative Library Board of Trustees
• Supervise two (2) employees
• Oversee materials collection, automated library system, and public access computers
• Perform public service functions in branches
• Develops/implements library programming in libraries and throughout service area
• Manage annual budget
• Build positive relationships with city & county officials
• Oversee building repair/ maintenance
• Use state Accreditation Program benchmarks to guide long-range planning and service delivery efforts
• Establish/maintain relationships with local community groups
• Implement technological innovations and other 21st Century library services to meet changing needs of county residents.
Strongly Preferred – Master’s degree in Library and Information Science (MLS) from a college/university accredited by American Library Association and two (2) years of library experience;
Bachelor’s degree and at least five (5) years of experience in a related field and willing to acquire the accredited MLS within three (3) years of hire.
Evening/weekend work hours required. Travel and participation in community activities and library-related continuing education programs and conferences required.
Salary: Start - $35,000; Range - $35,000 to $45,000. Start date negotiable.
Benefits: Personal/medical leave, health & life insurance, and participation in Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System. Job-related travel expenses reimbursed.
Submit: Cover letter, resume, and statement of public library service philosophy to Director Search, Wilkinson County Library System; 321 Garden Drive; Brandon, MS 39042 or email
DEADLINE: January 7, 2019.
Wilkinson County Library System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Location/Region: Woodville, MS (US - 39669)