Under the direction of the Dean and senior management, The Assessment and User Experience Librarian prepares, administers, and compiles results from surveys, focus groups, and other forms of quantitative or qualitative analyses to enable evidence-based decisions; to aid in planning; and to direct resources to areas of most critical need in support of the Library’s strategic goals. S/he assesses library spaces and services to benchmark service effectiveness, track use of spaces, identify areas for further improvement, and recommend changes for such improvements. The Assessment and User Experience Librarian will also work with the library’s IT team, the Associate Dean, and front-line public services staff to improve users’ interactions with the library, physically or virtually.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- ALA accredited MLS or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years of academic library experience, preferably in public services, outreach, or user assessment.
- Demonstrated experience with assessment tools and techniques in current use, including the design and execution of surveys and other qualitative or quantitative instruments or techniques.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES/COMPETENCIES TYPICALLY NEEDED TO PERFORM THIS JOB SUCCESSFULLY:
- Excellent analytical and oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use standard software for presentation of survey results.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of faculty, staff, and students across the library and the university.
- Academic background in cultural anthropology, sociology, psychology, or other social science field.
- Experience with appropriate software applications (e.g., SPSS, ATLAS.ti, etc.).
- Experience with human subject research protocols, computer-human interaction studies, or similar social science investigation methods.
Candidates must apply in Interfolio and provide the following materials for submission: letter of application, resume, at least three professional references with full contact information (name, title, institution, relationship to candidate, email, phone)
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)