About Midwest Tape:
Midwest Tape is a library-dedicated full-service media distributor providing physical and digital media to thousands of libraries across North America. We are strong believers in continually innovating to better serve our customers and deliver the best experience possible for the staff and patrons of public libraries. Our International Headquarters is located in Holland, Ohio at the facility that we built in 2016, to house our distribution center and support teams for Midwest Tape, hoopla digital, the fastest growing app serving libraries and Dreamscape Publishing, the Library-First publisher of Audiobooks and Video.
Primary responsibility is to contact current and prospective public library customers within an assigned territory to sell Midwest Tape products, hoopla Digital and value-added services. Must develop an understanding of significant client problems, propose, describe and defend appropriate solutions in the form of value propositions.
This will require Midwest Tape product, hoopla Digital service and industry knowledge, and successful sales techniques and professional selling skills. Significant overnight travel (up to 50%) is required.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this position successfully, an individual must fulfill the knowledge, skill, and/or ability requirements listed below.
- Increase market share by calling on all levels of public libraries in person to promote Midwest Tape products, hoopla Digital and additional related services.
- Conduct sales presentations in person and hold on-line acquisition training as needed.
- Call and/or email customers to set up appointments and follow-up on customer needs as necessary in order to facilitate orders.
- Manage all bookings and logistics of business travel
- Monitor email and voice mail on a daily basis.
- Attend assigned state territory conventions; sales and marketing meetings and national trade shows.
- Monitor and evaluate sales reports and trends monthly.
- Complete sales call reports on a weekly basis.
- Prepare territory plans, itineraries, forecasting and sales projections to management as requested.
- Maintain customer relationships by mediating customer complaints relating to public library accounts or projects
- Monitor competitive products, services, pricing and industry trends.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Midwest Tape’s products, hoopla Digital and services and how they can benefit the customer’s needs.
- Meet or exceed established sales quotas/goals within the assigned territory.
- Must possess excellent communication skills in both one-on-one and group situations.
- Computer proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills
- Excellent follow-up and follow-through skills
Preferred Education Requirements:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of outside sales experience with proven account management abilities and demonstrated sales success.
- Experience with Salesforce and Quip
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel overnight 40-60% of the time including some weekends.
- Ability to walk or stand frequently for long periods of time
- Ability to regularly sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds
Please apply at the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=dc9c93e8-6a9a-4fee-9d49-43a2b23aa6e3&ccId=19000101_000001&type=MP&lang=en_US