Discover. Innovate. Collaborate. Inform. A few words we use to describe a career at OCLC.
OCLC, a worldwide library services organization headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, is a leader in information technologies and innovative online services. With office locations around the globe, OCLC employees are dedicated to offering premier services and software to help libraries cut costs while keeping pace with the demands of our information-driven society.
As part of OCLC’s Business Development group, the Manager, Business Development & Publisher Relations manages partnerships with global content providers, where partners contribute data to OCLC and buy or use OCLC services to benefit their library customers. The position is working in a matrixed structure and serves as liaison between external partners and multiple internal teams.
This position must accomplish two main tasks: Successfully managing about 100 accounts, developing new partnership and obtaining new data as well as selling OCLC services to existing and new accounts.
This role is responsible for:
• Sales: This position sells a variety of services to third parties, including MARC record creation and delivery. The position will responsible for sales goals up to $400K in sales in FY20/21 from renewal sales and new business.
• Data Licensing: This position licenses and provides a consistent supply of a variety of data types from content providers for use by OCLC’s products and services. The position must effectively communicate OCLC’s value proposition to existing and new partners and continuously grow partner engagement.
• Account Management: This position manages approximately 100 content providers and recruits new publishers, maintaining excellent partnerships with all accounts. The account owner is the principal liaison for OCLC internal staff on legal, technical, finance, operations and product matters.
• Demonstrated ability to strategically develop, implement and grow successful global business partnerships and lead complex contract and business negotiations.
• Five or more years of direct experience in the (scholarly) publishing and/or digital content industry.
• Three of more years of revenue generation: Strong sales skills, including pipeline development, product and value positioning, and the ability to close complex deals efficiently and successfully.
• BA, BS or Masters degree from an accredited college or university
• The ideal candidate possesses strong interpersonal skills and is a positive, self-reliant team player with the ability to meet goals and deadlines in a fast-paced environment within a matrixed organization.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills and the ability to prioritize and handle tasks with limited supervision as well as strong account management and excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are a key requirement.
• This position in located in OCLC’s headquarters in Dublin, OH.
• Travel estimated at 4 weeks per year.
Desired but not required:
• Experience with libraries or library technology preferred
• Experience in working with remote staff and/or management
• International business experience
• Multilingualism is a plus, especially Spanish, French and/or German
• Salesforce experience a plus
Location/Region: Dublin, OH (US)