The Associate Director of the Law Library supervises all library departments, functions, librarians, staff members and student workers; prepares reports for Deans and Library Director; manages servers and web content; develops and maintains technological solutions; serves as institutional repository manager. In addition, the Associate Director provides reference services to patrons in person, by telephone, and online; serves as library liaison to designated faculty members; creates and maintains information literacy materials; serves as backup Interlibrary Loan coordinator; plans and teaches legal research in various courses; and participates in collection development and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong service commitment
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Highly proficient in American legal research tools and strategies (print and online)
Required Education and/or Experience
- Juris Doctorate from ABA-accredited school and Master of Library Science degree from ALA-accredited school
- Five years of law library experience
- Five or more years law library experience
- Web design experience
- Teaching experience
- Familiarity with relevant computer applications (esp. Sierra, LibGuides, Microsoft Office, Pidgin)
Salary Ranges Minimum salary(USD $): Maximum salary(USD $):
Pay decisions are based on education, experience, skills and budget. The lower third of the range typically applies to less experienced candidates; the middle third for more experienced; and the upper range for those with exceptional qualifications and sustained performance.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA