Do you enjoy being a part of a top tier organization with a meaningful mission that offers an outstanding workplace? Pueblo City-County Library District has had the honor of receiving three distinguished awards in 2018 - the ELGL Leslie B. Knope Best Public Library in America Award, the IMLS National Medal, and the 2018 Colorado Library of the Year! We are currently conducting a search for a Director of Library Information Technology who will lead the overall planning, organization, and execution of all Pueblo City-County Library District (PCCLD) IT Operations to include maintaining the existing infrastructure and integrating new technology solutions in support of library key results.
The Director of Library Information Technology reports to the Executive Director and serves as member of the PCCLD’s executive management team. This position supervises and directs the work of the IT department staff ensuring the quality of the work performed. This position builds and maintains good working relationships with outside vendors and serves both internal and external customers. The position provides excellent customer service demonstrating the ability to communicate effectively with people regardless of age, race, sexual orientation, ability level or background.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for PCCLD IT standards, strategic planning and operations, budget preparation and management, project management, policy and procedure development, capital replacement planning, and overall IT direction for the institution.
- Oversees and manages all PCCLD IT resources.
- Supervises PCCLD IT department employees.
- Negotiates, maintains, and complies with all contracts between PCCLD and IT vendors.
- Procures, maintains, updates, and directs standards for the operation of IT resources and services for PCCLD.
- Plans and leads PCCLD IT projects.
- Manages IT budget and expenditures including overseeing relevant bid processes to replace, update, and procure new technology solutions.
- Works with the PCCLD Chief Financial Officer to lead the E-rate application, planning, procurement and reporting processes to secure annual funding for the district's telecommunication, broadband and IT infrastructure needs. This includes maintaining adequate controls over E-rate funded assets and retaining required information to comply with USAC and E-rate program requirements.
- Responsible for research, recommendations, and overseeing implementation of emerging technology.
- Oversees and ensures sound operation of all computing equipment and peripherals, computer software, customer self-checkout equipment and software, telephony, wireless services, network equipment and software, and computing security such as firewalls, spam control, and filtering within CIPA regulations.
- Assists with developing, and maintaining IT training programs necessary to improve user proficiency.
- Directs maintenance of equipment inventories and enforces software and hardware licensing and maintenance agreements.
- Ensures maintenance of adequate levels of IT supplies.
- Leads team efforts to maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and staff by maintaining awareness of surroundings and working in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Leads regular department meetings, attends All Staff Development Days, and other training sessions as required to stay informed and current on changes to library policies and procedures and information pertinent to PCCLD.
- Reads daily organizational communications from intranet, e-mail, newsletters, telecommunications and print. Stays informed on all events throughout PCCLD. Regularly accesses electronic time keeping system, personnel and payroll database and on-line work request system.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA-Accredited institution is required, or an equivalent degree. Two years of project management experience and one year supervisory experience is required. Candidates with high level knowledge of standard public library computer systems, computer networking and virtual desktops and servers in an enterprise environment will be preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- The work requires initiative, independent judgment, excellent communication and team building skills, high ethical standards, and the ability to manage change while maintaining confidentiality.
- Candidates should have the ability to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings, and weekends.
- Excellent communication, analytical and organizational skills are required to be successful in this role.
- Strong verifiable interpersonal skills with a stellar customer service attitude is expected.
- Preferred candidates will have experience with multi-location computing enterprises utilizing Microsoft Office and Google Suite; VMWare, Citrix, Microsoft and Dell desktop and server products; and Cisco network equipment.
- Preferred candidates will possess proven abilities for writing technology policies and procedures, a record of leadership and management in complex technology environments.
- Preferred candidates will also possess a basic understanding of finance and budgeting and familiarity with USAC and the federal E-Rate program.
Physical Requirements: The job is physically demanding requiring the ability to carry and set up equipment which involves bending, squatting, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling. Must be able to properly lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds and push - pull carts weighing up to 100 pounds.
Other Requirements: Must be available to work on-call as needed. Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings. Must submit to and successfully pass a criminal background investigation. Must possess a clean driving record, Colorado Driver’s License and provide proof of automobile insurance.
Anticipated Hiring Range is $70,000 - $80,000 annually, depending upon skills and experience
Please apply at our website :
Location/Region: Pueblo, Colorado