The Medical Liberian provides reference and research services to all staff in the University Hospitals Health System. Serve as liaison to departmental libraries. Orients, educates and trains hospital personnel in use of medical research databases. Create and update instructional materials and web based tutorials. Assist in upkeep of electronic information sources and library web site.
- Instruct personnel in use of UH information resources, including OVID, PubMed, CINAHL, Embase and Intranet/Internet resources.
- Conduct specialty literature searches for systematic review requests. Provide orientations for residents, fellows, nursing and support staff.
- Design curriculum, syllabus and handouts for classes/in-services on information resources. Select, recommend, purchase and catalog books, journals, software, hardware, etc. for UH libraries. Create customized bibliographies and information packets for customers from all available information resources: web sites, databases, online journals and books.
- Assist with interlibrary loans and invoice payment. Other information management duties as required by UH departments, hospitals, e.g. web page development, CME classes, and user manuals.
This is a full time (38hrs/week) position working Monday - Friday.
- 1-3 years experience as a librarian preferred, health science library experience strongly preferred.
- MLS/MLIS (Master of Library Science) degree from an ALA accredited University.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US - 44101)