The Associate Director of the Law Library supervises all library departments, functions, librarians, staff members and student workers; prepares reports for Deans and Library Director; manages servers and web content; develops and maintains technological solutions; serves as institutional repository manager. In addition, the Associate Director provides reference services to patrons in person, by telephone, and online; serves as library liaison to designated faculty members; creates and maintains information literacy materials; serves as backup Interlibrary Loan coordinator; plans and teaches legal research in various courses; and participates in collection development and management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong service commitment
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Highly proficient in American legal research tools and strategies (print and online)
Required Education and/or Experience
- Juris Doctorate from ABA-accredited school and Master of Library Science degree from ALA-accredited school
- Five years of law library experience
- Five or more years law library experience
- Web design experience
- Teaching experience
- Familiarity with relevant computer applications (esp. Sierra, LibGuides, Microsoft Office, Pidgin)
How To ApplyMaterials submitted through this portal will not be considered.
To be considered for this position please apply via Interfolio at the following link: http://apply.interfolio.com/44099This posting will remain open until filled.Tulane is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled employer.
Location/Region: New Orleans, LA (US)