EBSCO Information Services (EIS) provides a complete and optimized research solution comprised of e-journals, e-books, and research databases — all combined with the most powerful discovery service to support the information needs and maximize the research experience of our end-users. Headquartered in Ipswich, MA, EIS employs more than 3,300 people worldwide. We are the leader in our field due to our cutting-edge technology, forward-thinking philosophy, and top-notch workforce. EIS, a division of EBSCO Industries Inc., based in Birmingham, AL, is ranked in the top 200 of the nation’s largest, privately held corporations according to Forbes magazine. EBSCO is a company that will motivate you, inspire you, and allow you to grow. We are looking for the best. If you are too, we encourage you to explore our unique opportunities.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for selling EBSCO resources to Public Libraries and K-12 Schools (public and private) in their designated region.
These products include EBSCO research databases along with our Software as a Service offerings such as the EBSCO Discovery Service.
The Regional Sales Manager will be teamed with the Account Executive (Inside Sales) for the territory and will work as a team to execute high-quality sales and service efforts.
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for achieving yearly sales goals by meeting monthly customer visit quotas and pipeline management activity.
Compensation is salary plus commission.
- Daily sales calls to librarians, media specialists and tech coordinators in School districts, High Schools (public and private) and public libraries as well as library cooperatives, systems and consortia.
- Provide balanced sales coverage of accounts in your territory.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Sales and Account Executive to achieve sales goals.
- Achieve an established new sales quota each fiscal year for EBSCO Information Services products.
- Qualify customer’s needs, have quotes and pricing prepared, and coordinate with the Account Executive to set up trials when appropriate.
- Travel: (70%); including attendance of conferences and sales meetings as deemed necessary by Sales Management.
- Achieve an expert level of knowledge of EBSCO Information Services product’s and competition.
- Provide input from the market for product development and marketing purposes.
- Develop sales strategies and a territory plan to help you achieve overall sales of EBSCO Information Services products.
- Fulfill monthly customer visits and pipeline quotas
- Schedule an office day each week for scheduling and administrative tasks.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two (2) years of true sales experience, previous experience selling into the schools and public library field is preferred. Retail does not qualify.
- Ability and willingness to travel 70% depending on need and time of year.
- Applicants must currently live in the territory(Ohio, Missouri, or Kansas).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite: Power Point, Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM systems and WEBEX technology.
- Strong understanding of computers and research.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Travel experience in current position preferred, demonstrated by ability to prioritize and territory management.
- Cold calling experience.
- Must have proven communication, follow-up, and sales skills.
- Must demonstrate strong initiative.
- Ability to operate a company vehicle, subject to motor vehicle background check.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and solid driving record.
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
View EEO PDF Nearest Major Market:
About this company
EBSCO Way is the philosophy we grow by. In addition to ten operating principles, these are the characteristics we value in our people and teams. We strive to fill our businesses with teams of motivated, positive people, unified by a shared set of principles and practices, focused on common objectives. We know from experience that environments like that create success and endless possibilities. We strive for a culture of entrepreneurship. We seek new ideas and encourage innovation. Successful team members are entrepreneurial by nature.
Location/Region: Cleveland, OH (US)