Harris-Stowe State University is a historically Black institution (HBCU) located in the heart of vibrant mid-town St. Louis, Missouri. Harris-Stowe’s beautiful campus is minutes from the renowned Gateway Arch, St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Art and History Museums, Forest Park and other cultural and educational institutions. Harris-Stowe’s diverse faculty and staff provide a wide range of academic programs to one of the most culturally diverse student bodies in the St. Louis region.
Harris-Stowe State University invites applicants for the Director of Library Services for the AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center located on the campus of Harris-Stowe State University. The University, with a history of serving the Metropolitan St. Louis area for more than 150 years, seeks an innovative, dynamic leader committed to establishing a world class library facility that supports the mission, vision, and academic activities of the University.
The AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center provides all the instructional resources necessary to support all academic degree programs and student and faculty research. Its holdings exceed 150,000 volumes and over 500 periodical titles. Furthermore, the University participates in the Missouri Online Bibliographic Information User System (MOBIUS) that affords borrowing from over fifty-five academic libraries containing over 20 million volumes. The AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center also contains meeting facilities and a computer lab that can be used for webinars, teaching and training.
The Director of the AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center is responsible for the overall administration of library services. This includes supervision of library staff, facility and resource management, oversight of collections and the acquisition of new materials, budget supervision, strategic planning, and oversight of the Don and Heide Wolff Jazz Institute. It is the expectation of the director to collaborate with academic units, faculty, staff and students to advance the role of the Library in supporting the academic mission and vision of the University. The Director of Library Services will report to the Associate Provost for Academic Affairs.
- An earned Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive leadership experience in supervising or managing library personnel.
- Advanced understanding of digital technologies and trends in library and information science.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience in working with diverse populations and demonstrated support and enhancement of diversity in both faculty and student populations.
- Strong ability to relate to and work effectively with academic units, deans, faculty, and students.
- Experience with strategic planning, assessment and evaluation.
- Terminal degree in related field.
- Experience with securing grants and fundraising initiatives.
- Five (5) years of management experience
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance and eye care options
- Receive rich medical premiums
- Pension account matched at up to 20.42%
- Tuition remission including qualifying dependents
- Savings annuity plan
- Tax Savings Benefit through Missouri State Employees’ Cafeteria Plan
- On-site fitness center
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
Review of applications will start immediately until the position is filled. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Salary based on qualifications and experience. Interested candidates should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and official undergraduate and graduate transcripts and three references online.
Please submit your application and additional documents online at www.hssu.edu. Submit your application using either Chrome or Firefox when applying, as our system works most smoothly with these browsers. Please check to ensure documents are in one of the following file formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, .txt, .ascii, .pdf, or html.
“Please No Phone Calls”
Due to the large number of applications submitted and the high volume of applicant inquiries we receive regarding the status of applications, we are unable to accept phone calls or walk-in inquiries regarding applicant status.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER