This is a full-time position located in Washington, D.C.
The Urban Libraries Council is seeking a dynamic, collaborative and creative Communications Manager to implement branding, design, communications and outreach efforts.
For more than 40 years, ULC has enriched communities by strengthening and promoting the value of libraries as essential public assets. ULC provides a forum for library leaders to share best practices and innovative ideas that inspire programs that support 21st century learning, a strong economy and an active democracy. The Communications Manager will work closely with ULC’s senior leadership team and reports to the Director of Communications to raise the profile of how public libraries are addressing critical issues in local communities.
- Create, support and implement communications initiatives and campaigns.
- Lead social media implementation and targeted outreach to leaders, members and partners.
- Manage newsletters and create content for the newsletters, blog and website.
- Identify improvements, outline themes and new content and plan regular updates across all communications vehicles.
- Develop monthly communications calendar to identify and implement upcoming communications priorities.
- Support development and graphic design for ULC collateral, including brochures, publications and other materials.
- Support outreach to national and regional news media outlets. Work with external PR firm and Director of Communications to identify and support press opportunities.
- Support development of presentations and executive speeches for senior team members.
- Track, measure and analyze news media, web and social media engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, graphic design, public relations or similar.
- 4-6 years of experience in communications for an international association, nonprofit, public library system or city/county government.
- Strong writing, copy editing, project management and design skills including use of the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Visual story-teller and strong communicator. A networker and self-starter.
- Familiarity with AP style preferred.
Cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com to the attention of Angela Goodrich, Finance and Administration Executive.