Libraries are powerful partners for creating healthy, sustainable communities. With local government, business and other community organizations, libraries are key players in a strong economy, education and race and social equity.
The Urban Libraries Council connects, educates and empowers libraries by creating new techniques and building tools that concretely improve the public library’s ability to help citizens and leaders meet the challenges of the 21st century.
The Program Manager will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team to strengthen public libraries’ ability to learn from each other, innovate and engage with local government leaders. This is a full-time position, located in Washington, D.C. and works closely with the Director of Community Impact and the Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Areas of responsibility:
- Help support the growth of ULC’s programs to strengthen the capacity of libraries as leaders for education, digital inclusion and healthy, sustainable communities.
- Develop content for webinars, conference presentations, newsletter articles, online knowledge centers and toolkits.
- Create training opportunities, peer learning events and discussions to help libraries strengthen their use of data, share innovation and increase community impact.
- Support and gather feedback from public libraries participating in ULC’s programs including the Edge benchmarking tool and learning cohorts.
- Assist with project management including monitoring grant requirements, program activities, timelines and budget tracking.