Camden County College, located just outside of Philadelphia, is one of New Jersey's largest, most comprehensive community colleges. Nationally ranked in a number of key educational outcomes, the College has a tradition of high quality education in a wide range of transfer and career programs, and serves its county and the region at four College locations and many off campus sites.
We are currently seeking a Librarian to assist in the planning and delivery of library services to Camden County College students, faculty, and staff with a strong commitment to customer service.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting in developing and maintaining the Library's print and electronic collections to support the College curriculum and mission.
- Guiding the transition from print to electronic resources and determining appropriate balance of formats.
- Identifying copyright and licensure guidelines for the print and electronic collections.
- Ensuring the Library's Collection Development Policy is up-to-date.
- Assessing collections and analyze strengths and weaknesses.
- Gathering collection recommendations from librarians, faculty, staff and students and assisting in acquisitions.
- Reviewing publishing brochures, consortial offerings, library literature, online sources, and other collection building tools.
- Facilitating the receipt of gifts to the Library.
- Providing reference assistance and research support
- Master's Degree (ALA accredited preferred) in Library Science and experience working as a librarian in an academic library.
- Experience in collection development with both print and electronic collections and acquisition procedures preferred.
- Proficiency with the use of emerging library information technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
This is a full-time twelve-month affiliated administrative position which offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Evening and weekend hours may be required. To apply visit https://jobs.camdencc.edu/ for full job description and application.
Camden County College is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer that values diversity in its faculty, staff and student body.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/3fgssdrbj84mxsz6