EcoR1 Capital, a San Francisco based biotech focused investment fund is looking for a scientifically curious Aide de Camp.
What is an Aide?
An aide-de-camp is a French expression meaning literally helper in the camp.
- **An Aide has to be a secretary, diplomat, Excel and PowerPoint proficient, bartender, office manager, caterer, author, as well as a mind reader and cat herder.
- Your primary mission is simply to assist the investment team in the performance of their duties, a simple definition, but a monumental task.
- As an Aide to the investment team, you are placed in a most important, but often precarious, position. with little or no authority, you may be charged with heavy responsibilities.
- The Aide must always have a notebook handy.
- As the Aide-de-Camp, you will schedule appointments and coordinate travel arrangements.
- The Aide will be the first line of defense; they must have superior attention to detail and organizational skills; they never let anything fall through the cracks.
- Above all, you must have thought of it the day before yesterday, accomplished it yesterday, and report it done when the team thinks of it today.
- An Aide’s keyword should be “CAV”: Coordinate, Anticipate, and Verify!
Phenotypes may include but are not limited to: librarian, lab manager, master builder, blade runner, military, chief of staff or super EA.
Timing: We are looking for someone ASAP. But we are willing to wait for the right fit.
Please send a CV and raison d'être to email@example.com along with answers to the following questions:
- What is something that comes easily to you that is difficult for other people?
- Tell us about a time you went above and beyond the call of duty.
- What is the most interesting topic or concept you have ever learned about? Explain it to us.
- What are you passionate about?
- What is your favorite joke?
Please enclose a CV, but please ALSO answer the five questions above or your application will not be considered.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read our post and we hope to meet you soon.
** adapted from the US Army Aide handbook (https://www.themilitaryleader.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/Senior-Leader-Aide-Handbook-2009.pdf).
Location/Region: San Francisco, CA (94103)