Position: Library Technician -
Interlibrary Loan/Circulation/ Accounts/Inventory
Reports to: Director of Library and Technology Services
Status: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process all library orders and payments, maintain account records.
- Responsible for monitoring and fulfilling Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Responsible for ongoing inventory process management.
- Manage circulation desk, including reserves and textbook management, overdue notifications, processing overdue materials, fines, lost materials charges, quality control, library technology maintenance, and inventory.
- Assist with student worker supervision and training.
- Act as receptionist, providing excellent customer service and assistance as necessary.
- Assists students and other library patrons with basic information retrieval and computer needs.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures when on duty.
- Provide excellent customer service to all patrons
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Computer competency, including word processing, spreadsheet, and internet technology skills.
- Excellent organizational and office management skills, including the ability to multi-task.
- Able to work productively and cooperatively with co-workers and library patrons, including faculty and students.
- Able to work some evening and weekend hours.
- Reliable transportation is necessary.
- Able to lift and carry 30 lbs for 100 feet and walk up and down two flights of stairs 3 times in 15 minutes.
- Library experience preferred.
Applicants should complete the on-line application and submit a letter of intent, resume, college transcripts and contact information for three professional references.
provided by The Adirondack Daily Enterprise
Location/Region: Paul Smiths, NY (12970)