American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
AIC strives to create a diverse and inclusive campus community that is representative, at all job levels, of the students we serve. We are an EEO employer and we welcome applications from individuals for positions where they are underrepresented.
- Responsible for all aspects of coordinating, planning, and executing information literacy instruction
- Liaison to Academic Computing: Creating and distributing library orientation and information literacy materials (electronic and print)
- Responsible for all aspects of assessment of information literacy
- All aspects of Copyright compliance
- Shared interlibrary loan responsibilities including statistics, copyright compliance, and supervision of student workers
- Reference services as needed
- Circulation responsibilities as needed
- Academic School Liaison: assist with program planning; program review; accreditation; OER
- Required Degree(s): Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science
- Preferred Field of Expertise: Academic Librarianship
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent Microsoft experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent working knowledge of integrated library systems and interlibrary loan software
- Good working knowledge of creating reports
This is a full-time, exempt level, benefit eligible position. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., flexible to the needs of the department.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
Location/Region: Springfield, MA