Senior Assistant Librarian
Buffalo State, State University of New York, seeks candidates
for the position of Electronic and Educational Resources
Butler Library at SUNY Buffalo State seeks a service-oriented,
tech-savvy, and energetic individual to work collaboratively with
library colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure seamless
access to the library’s diverse online collections. Reporting to
the Head of Information Management, the incumbent will contribute
to the overall management of our electronic resources, including
support for open educational resources and promoting the use of
library resources as course materials.
This is a full-time, 12-month, tenure-track position represented
by United University Professionals (UUP). As a tenure-track
librarian, the incumbent will have opportunities to contribute to
the Library’s reference, liaison, and information literacy
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Primary focus is on contributing to the development,
maintenance, and customization of the Library’s electronic
resources, including databases, online journals, e-books, streaming
video, and open access materials.
- Participates in workflows that ensure reliable access to the
Library’s resources and assesses those workflows to streamline
operations and improve end-user experience. Markets and promotes
the effective use of library resources to the Buffalo State
community, especially students.
- Plays a significant role in the Library’s learning materials
initiatives, including support for open educational resources
(OER), the promotion of library resources as learning materials,
and staying up-to-date on emerging trends with textbooks and other
- Contributes to collection development activities by providing
support for subject liaisons; reporting on cost, use and other
aspects of library resources; and reviewing collection development
guidelines. Evaluates and stays abreast of emerging collection
Butler Library is committed to providing opportunities for
personal growth and career development. The incumbent will be
encouraged to identify areas of overlap between Library priorities
and professional development goals and will be encouraged to
participate in activities that move those goals forward.
- Master’s degree from a program by the American Library
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
and the ability to communicate clearly and professionally with
others (evaluated in part by your application materials).
- Work experience or education that demonstrates the ability to
work collaboratively in a team environment and interact
respectfully with diverse constituencies.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and
demonstrated ability to successfully prioritize and accomplish
- Demonstrated knowledge of current models and emerging trends in
electronic resources, collection development, or open educational
resources in an academic library.
- Experience working in an academic library setting.
- Evidence of research, writing, creative, or presentation skills
needed to be a successful tenure-track librarian.
- Evidence of professional development activities and service to
- Knowledge of systems used to manage electronic resources,
especially those currently used in Butler Library, such as Alma,
Primo, EZproxy, LibGuides, or others.
- Understanding of the importance of workplace diversity and its
contributions to organizational effectiveness.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing environments and
priorities; ability to collect, analyze, and interpret data;
ability to learn new technologies and software platforms.
Qualified applicants may apply online at https://jobs.buffalostate.edu/postings/4297
Buffalo State is an affirmative action/equal opportunity
employer and committed to respect for diversity and individual
Location/Region: Buffalo, NY (14222)