The STEM/Emerging Technologies (ET) Librarian supports teaching,
research in natural sciences, technology, engineering, and
mathematics, working with
faculty, staff, and students to identify, evaluate, and adopt new
technologies that enable or
enhance those activities. This position also serves as the library
contact for faculty in any
discipline seeking to work with augmented reality (AR), virtual
reality (VR), 3D scanning
and printing, data visualization, or interdisciplinary application
of these technologies. This
position is responsible for learning about, and monitoring
development of, new
technologies with implications for academic or library programs and
information and recommendations to library planning, budgeting, and
discussions. This position also collaborates with STEM faculty to
assess and develop
library collections, services, and spaces. This position reports to
the Director of
Technology and Content Services. The work schedule is flexible to
include evening and
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of and experience with information and data sources
in STEM disciplines.
• Experience with at least one of the following: AR/VR hardware and
scanning, 3D modeling, 3D printing and fabrication.
• Knowledge of AR/VR applications and sources.
• Knowledge of data visualization tools and applications.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple tasks in a
• Ability to communicate and interact effectively with diverse
groups of people.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Ability and willingness to learn new tools, techniques, and
• Master’s degree in information and/or library science from an
or equivalent degree if earned outside the U.S. or Canada.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited program in a STEM
• Experience with virtual reality hardware and software.
• Familiarity with 3D scanners, printers, or design software.
• At least one year of experience providing technology support in
an academic library,
research, or educational setting.
Preferred Qualifications • Experience working with 3D technologies
in a library setting.
• Experience working with faculty in university setting.
• Knowledge of virtual and augmented reality development and
Salary $48,000 annually
Location/Region: Johnson City, TN (37614)