Director, Library Services
Harris-Stowe State University invites applicants for the
Director of Library Services for the AT&T Library and
Technology Resource Center located on the campus of Harris-Stowe
State University. The University, with a history of serving the
Metropolitan St. Louis area for more than 150 years, seeks an
innovative, dynamic leader committed to establishing a world class
library facility that supports the mission, vision, and academic
activities of the University.
The AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center provides all
the instructional resources necessary to support all academic
degree programs and student and faculty research. Its holdings
exceed 150,000 volumes and over 500 periodical titles. Furthermore,
the University participates in the Missouri Online Bibliographic
Information User System (MOBIUS) that affords borrowing from over
fifty-five academic libraries containing over 20 million volumes.
The AT&T Library and Technology Resource Center also contains
meeting facilities and a computer lab that can be used for
webinars, teaching and training.
The Director of the AT&T Library and Technology Resource
Center is responsible for the overall administration of library
services. This includes supervision of library staff, facility and
resource management, oversight of collections and the acquisition
of new materials, budget supervision, strategic planning, and
oversight of the Don and Heide Wolff Jazz Institute. It is the
expectation of the director to collaborate with academic units,
faculty, staff and students to advance the role of the Library in
supporting the academic mission and vision of the University. The
Director of Library Services will report to the Associate Provost
for Academic Affairs.
- An earned Master’s degree in Library Science from an
ALA accredited program.
- A minimum of three (3) years of progressive
leadership experience in supervising or managing library
- Advanced understanding of digital technologies and
trends in library and information science.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication
- Experience in working with diverse populations and
demonstrated support and enhancement of diversity in both faculty
and student populations.
- Strong ability to relate to and work effectively
with academic units, deans, faculty, and students.
- Experience with strategic planning, assessment and
- Terminal degree in related field.
- Experience with securing grants and fundraising
- Five (5) years of management
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance and
eye care options
- Receive rich medical premiums
- Pension account matched at up to
- Tuition remission including qualifying
- Savings annuity plans
- Tax Savings Benefit through Missouri State
Employees’ Cafeteria Plan
- On-site fitness center
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
Review of applications will start immediately until the
position is filled. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive,
only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Salary based on qualifications and experience. Interested
candidates should submit a letter of application and official
undergraduate and graduate transcripts and three references
Please submit your application and additional documents online
“Please No Phone
OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
Location/Region: Saint Louis, MO (63103)