Our client in San Bruno, CA is looking for a talented Digital Asset Manager for a long-term contract that will be responsible for managing internal company assets and provides skills in content and digital asset management (i.e. taxonomy, indexing, cataloguing, archiving, metadata tagging, content management systems).
- Prepare a long-term plan for categorizing, indexing and archiving all Marketing content and information resources, whether they be generated in-house or derived from third-party agents.
- Develop a comprehensive taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders.
- Assess, recommend, and purchase corporate library development tools as required, and track new standards and methodologies.
- Compile and maintain a detailed inventory of existing digital and print marketing tactic resources, and identify knowledge gaps and make recommendations.
- Properly select and annotate a large volume of media into digital asset management system to facilitate retrieval and use in production.
- Evaluate digital assets for archiving, research rights issues, and maintain quality control of archiving operations.
- Supports effective working relationships with Creative, Marketing, and Retail,
- Maintain relationship with Product team and vendors, specifically on technical support and training issues.
- Define requirements / criteria for all final assets to be approved for the DAM and communicate to all internal and external business partners delivering final assets.
- Act as the point of contact for all final assets.
- Train business team members, in-house creative team and external partners on proper usage and best practices of the DAM system.
- Assist in evaluating, integrating and testing with other Marketing related technologies to deliver process and productivity gains.
- Partner with IT professionals to ensure system functions properly, updates are applied and tested, and new functionalities are tested and implemented.
- Dedicate time to quality improvement.
- Manage special operations assignments, which can include but are not limited to training and development, project management, executing reporting.
- Consult with key stakeholders and production teams on content usage and rights management of assets.
- Assess the company’s current digital contents, specific requirements and make recommendations.
- Interface with departments and management to better understand needs and best way of organizing.
- Design workflows, standards, processes and set goals that will leverage the system.
- Understand the organizational needs and develop metadata and tags to deliver quality content readily accessible and searchable for different requirements.
- Gatekeeper of a highly dynamic DAM system with a responsibility to ensure content quality and
- implementation of processes and workflow adjustments.
- Master’s of Science in Library and Information Science (MSLIS) from an American Library Association accredited program with a concentration in Digital Libraries is preferred.
- Minimum of three years of professional level experience; preferably at least two of which are in DAM Librarian role.
- Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager (AEM Assets) digital asset management system preferred
- Knowledge of Workfront, project management system, is a plus
- Experience as a digital reference librarian, an interface designer, an enhanced service provider for digital collections in libraries, or a webmaster in libraries and other organizations is a plus
- Demonstrated familiarity with metadata standards, communication standards, and classifying systems. Two years experience in records management and in cataloging and classifying materials preferred.
- Strongly prefer candidates with experience in digital archives
- Broad knowledge of library tools, systems, and resources in corporate organizations.
- Solid technology background, including MSOffice Suite software, and familiarity with trends in delivery of electronic information
Job ID: 318199MM
About this company
Cella is an award-winning leader in consulting, staffing and managed solutions for creative, marketing, digital and proposal development teams.
Location/Region: San Bruno, CA (94066)