Ingram Content Group (ICG), is currently seeking a Collection Development Librarian II with experience working in a library to join our team in La Vergne, TN (The Greater Nashville area). In this role, you will draw on your professional expertise to evaluate and recommend products to new and existing customers. You’ll coordinate multi-million dollar projects for Ingram Library Services and manage processes to streamline collaborative projects for more effective communication between departments and with customers and publishers. It will be your responsibility to support sales and customers by managing Standing Order Programs, Opening Day Collections, Grant Requests and delivering content for Ingram’s e-newsletters, webinars, podcasts, and blog.
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today at http://bit.ly/2wbO4mL
Essential Job Duties:
- Ensures that all projects meet professional standards to strive for repeat business.
- Enhance and maintain an intricate Collection Development title database used to create customized lists for ongoing collection development, outsourced collection development, Opening Day Collections, Standing Orders, ipage lists and TIMS record enhancement.
- Takes lead on behalf of department as needed on custom collection development projects for libraries.
- Builds on customer profiles, demographics, industry principles, consultations with customer, knowledge of Ingram resources, and other parameters, to create and recommend the ideal mix of products for a new library, whether headquarters, branch or entire library system. Utilizes database resources, hands-on review of materials, published reviews, sales and demand data, industry standards and professional experience in decision making.
- Provides guidance to library customers about weeding, collection development norms, budget allocations and other practices; consults about outsourcing, including collection analysis services and ongoing selection.
- Manages budgets internally for projects, determining, as needed, allocations for titles and subjects on custom lists, e.g., % frontlist vs. backlist, regional vs. national, etc.
- Assigns Dewey and LC call numbers as needed based on exposure to cataloging and organization practices gained in field experience.
- Utilizes field experience to consult with Customer librarians about how to enhance and strengthen existing library collections, and to optimize materials selection. Analyzes individual customer's Collection Development policy, goals, and buying strategies; defines the customers’ needs and designs a plan for fulfilling them; makes recommendations about integrating Ingram resources, programs, services and tools to expand and refine resources and processes to most effectively achieve the goal.
- Participates in Ingram Library Service sales presentations to potential and existing library customers by phone or in person regarding Collection Development and other Ingram services to support outsourcing by libraries. Uses field experience to understand appropriate questions necessary to collect information and define requirements.
- Educates customer librarians about Ingram tools, services and capabilities.
- Represents Ingram to customers and other industry professionals at conferences as required.
- Develops cohesive and specific recommendations to provide comprehensive inventory of materials meeting unique requirements for other Ingram Content Group departments to promote to customers.
- Assists in the development, enhancement, and ongoing content management of Collection Development Programs and services such as Standing Order Programs. Uses product knowledge, database information, and industry guidelines, to select appropriate materials for these programs in order to maintain competitive advantage.
- Uses breadth of experience to serve as backup, providing collection development services for other categories as needed due to workload or scheduling.
- Creates innovative services and tools for Ingram customers.
- Meets extensively with Publishers for knowledge of new and forthcoming titles. Uses professional knowledge of reviews, trade news, and library journals to stay current in the field and to educate and advise publishers with regard to target audiences and product viability. Suggests promotional vehicles and other marketing options. Participates in industry associations to maintain publisher and vendor relationships.
- Writes reviews and articles for newsletters, blog, ipage, and industry publications to keep customers apprised of titles, industry trends and opportunities. Provides Library ipage promotion recommendations.
- Participates in Publisher Advertising projects to promote new authors.
- Reviews products and stays abreast of professional trends in the library, retail, and publishing worlds.
- Plans, researches, writes, manages and executes webinars and podcasts on a variety of topics designed to demonstrate Ingram Library Services knowledge and expertise.
We would like our talented associate for this role to have at least these minimum skills & experience:
- Master’s degree in Library Science (MLS, MLIS, MSLS or other accepted accreditations from ALA) from school accredited by the American Library Association
- 3 years of professional collection development in public libraries or equivalent experience which equals 5 years’ experience in Collection Development at a book wholesale company.
We’d be excited to hear if you also have the following experience:
- Experience working as a Collection Development Librarian
- Experience buying for Opening Day Collections or large projects
Ingram Content Groupis one of the world's largest and most trusted distributors of physical and digital content. Thousands of publishers, retailers, and libraries worldwide use our products and services to realize the full business potential of books, regardless of format. Ingram Content Group has earned its lead position and reputation by offering excellent service and creating innovative, integrated solutions. Our customers have access to best-of-class digital, audio, print, print-on-demand, inventory management, wholesale and full-service distribution programs.
Ingram offers a compensation package that includes competitive base salary, incentive opportunities, and excellent comprehensive benefits offerings. For more information about Ingram Content Group, or to view the full job description and apply online, please visit our website at www.ingramcontent.com.
Ingram Content Group is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, work related mental or physical disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information.
We participate in EVerify.
EEO Poster in English
EEO Poster in Spanish