Working independently, the Children’s Services Coordinator:
- Leads and manages Doylestown District Center children’s services and staff
- Plans and leads monthly county wide children’s services meetings
- Develops training plans and delivers county wide training in children’s services
- Oversees, manages, and mentors children’s services staff county wide
- Assists with the development of new innovative county wide children’s projects with a strategic focus on outreach, volunteer development, and technology
The ideal candidate for this position is a jack-of-all-trades who loves to master and apply new information quickly. S/he is a problem solver who enjoys using work as a platform to stretch and grow and help others do the same. Strong public speaking and writing skills are necessary for effectiveness in this position, as well as the ability to balance and move forward multiple priorities, from people management to project management.
- Master’s degree in Library/Information Studies required.
- Five years of recent and progressively responsible experience in public library children’s services, including supervision.
- Applicant must provide on date of hire the following three required clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check; PA Child Abuse History Clearance; and FBI fingerprint-based background check.
- Must have current driver’s license, insurance, and own transportation or ability to travel among many library sites
Schedule: Full time exempt – Monday through Friday – 8:00 – 4:00, 9:00 – 5:00, or 10:00 – 6:00 with some evenings and weekends required
Compensation: $50,198 - $61,492 DOQ – Level 5a
To Apply: Links to job description and job application are below and can be found on our website at https://buckslib.org/library-jobs/. Job application requires upload of a cover letter and résumé, completion of a supplemental questionnaire, and pre-employment testing. Pre-employment testing consists of five tests: cognitive aptitude, customer service, Excel 2016, Word 2016, and computer and Internet knowledge test (about 65 minutes). If selected for an interview, you’ll need to submit the following work samples: speaker’s notes and handouts from a staff training session you delivered; a project plan for a project you led and delivered; and a program plan for a program or series you planned.
Job Description Job Application