Library Sales - Account Manager
Hoboken, NJ (California market)
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
At Wiley, we know that libraries and hospitals are at the forefront of information management and dissemination. We are committed to providing them the tools they need in order to better serve their users
The Library Sales Team in the Research Group at Wiley is responsible for selling and renewing Wiley Online Library licenses to institutions and meet sales revenue and growth targets. We are responsive to customer inquiries on products, license terms and pricing and assist sales management in prospecting and customer qualification. In this role you will attend conferences and make visits to customers to drive sales.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Working in assigned territory or market, establish contact with customers via telephone and/or email to influence their conversion from Wiley- print customers to subscribers of electronic products.
- Sell new product to current/new customers- identify decision makers; prepare customer profile and proposals; deliver sales presentation; negotiate license details and close the sale
- Maintain contact with our licensees to ensure customer satisfaction, including technical support, working with other Wiley staff as necessary.
- Attend library conferences and on site customer meetings to demonstrate Wiley products
- Prepare quarterly reviews of business in your territory and present this at regional sales meetings.
- Perform market research and other projects related to electronic licensing as necessary
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Competitive pay and incentive program, outstanding benefits
- Fast-paced, intellectually-challenging professional environment
- Opportunities for internal advancement
- Generous Paid Time Off policy
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate qualified applicants and treat all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.