The Allen County Public Library is searching for an Assistant Manager to work in a busy department in our main downtown library. ACPL is undergoing a new strategic plan initiative and embarking on many exciting changes! Come join our team as we enrich our community together!
The duties of the assistant manager include the following:
• Partner with the Manager in the daily operation of the department: assisting with scheduling, supervisory and training duties, development of goals and procedures, and preparation of reports.
• Assumes the duties and responsibilities of the department manager in his/her absence, including attending management meetings.
• Work at a reference desk to provide customers with information and reader’s advisory using a variety of resources.
• Provide technology assistance to customers.
• Plan, develop and implement programs for the public.
• Maintain the quality and relevance of the collection through ongoing evaluation, weeding and consultation with the collection development coordinators.
• Participate in library committees, programs and groups and represent the library within the community.
• Engage in professional development activities, such as taking continuing education classes and attending or participating in conferences, workshops, professional meetings, and associations.
ALA-accredited master of library science degree. At least three years of experience working in a public library.
Commitment to actively providing excellent service to a wide variety of customers and to working cooperatively with staff throughout the system.
Excellent personnel management, conflict resolution and communication skills.
Strong sense of teamwork, flexibility in the face of change, reliability, enthusiasm, friendliness, energy, resourcefulness, initiative, tact, good judgment, and a sense of humor are essential.
If job is accepted, must apply for and maintain Indiana Librarian Certification, earning 75 LEU (Library Education Units) within five years.
This position pays a salary of $40,268.80 and up based on comparable and related experience. Health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability plans. Cumulative sick leave. Library-paid retirement fund. Personal business leave. Four weeks vacation. Deferred compensation plan (457). Federal credit union. Employee Assistance Program (EAP). Variety of voluntary insurance plans. Flexible spending account. Relocation allowance. Free parking.
Click here to view more details and to apply!
Visit our website at: www.acpl.info
About this company
The Allen County Public Library has been part of the social and cultural fabric of Fort Wayne, Indiana and surrounding communities since 1895. We have grown to consist of the beautiful, 367,000 square foot Main Library in downtown Fort Wayne and thirteen branches throughout our city and outlying communities. Fort Wayne has been cited as the Best Read City in the United States by Places Rated Almanac, due in large part to the library's collection and patrons' use of it.
Location/Region: Fort Wayne