PURPOSE OF JOB:
Leads and manages staff and building resources in order to achieve stated Library goals and objectives. This position manages a single location that is relatively larger in size, has higher usage, has two or more managers and/or supervisors and/or the location is responsible for leading and managing specialized services across the department. The Manager II aligns location initiatives with strategic and tactical plans.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Leads a team of two or more supervisors in the effective management of operations at local level. Handles a wide variety of strategic and operational details. Delegates tasks, fields questions/complaints and gathers data to prepare supporting communications and reports. Serves as location’s primary contact with other Library departments.
Develops, coaches and trains management, supervisory and line staff. Sets individual performance measurements for staff and holds them accountable. Responsibilities include managing, hiring, orienting and evaluating. Models Business of People and exceptional customer service behaviors.
Leads location’s goal setting and planning efforts to align with the tactical and strategic plan. Communicates system initiatives to staff and customers. Coordinates tactical plan objectives at local level.
Establishes and maintains collaborations with community agencies and promotes Library services through community outreach. Responsible for developing and maintaining open communications with professional and community organizations at local level.
Supervises multiple locations as assigned.
· Master’s of Library Science Degree from an ALA accredited program of higher learning and three to five years’ of library experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and five to seven years’ of related experience preferably in management or customer service.
· Ability to express self effectively and concisely both orally and in writing.
· Must be able to perform duties at remote locations, provide personal transport as needed.
· Acts with the customer in mind using information gained from interacting with the customers. Meets the expectations and requirements of external and internal customers.
· Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments to direct reports and guides progress through consistent feedback. Encourages people to accept developmental activities in pursuit of career or position goals. Takes on working with staff that needs further development.
· Driver’s license and personal vehicle.