Salem Public Library (OH) seeks a bright, creative and driven professional to lead our library’s technology efforts. Salem Library frequently ranks among the leading libraries nationally and believes in providing the best possible services to our community. Join our team and help shape the future of libraries.
- Manage communications infrastructure including Internet connectivity, local networks, and phone system.
- Serve as technical coordinator for five library POLARIS consortia.
- Manage library website, locally created databases, and public computers
- Provide technical support for library staff and programs. Troubleshoot technical problems.
- Evaluate new technologies and recommend implementation as appropriate.
- Maintain library networks and systems
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field or Master’s degree in library science with an emphasis on technology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft server packages and applications
- Familiarity with virtual and physical server environments
- Experience with computer security, viruses and malware
- Experience with web development technologies, including PHP, Javascipt, and CMS systems.
- Ability to work independently, seeking input and supervision when appropriate.
- Strong desire to learn and grow your skills.
Full time, salaried.
Location/Region: Salem, OH