Job Title: Technical Services Supervisor
Salary: $45,060 - $62,998
Cultivate Curiosity. Enlighten the Mind. Strengthen the Community.
The Technical Services Supervisor maintains the Library’s circulation system, printing and computer booking system, online catalog, website, and other technology for the Library and Bookmobile. This incumbent supervises employees including the Technical Services and Library Assistants and reports to the IT/Technical Services Manager.
1. Supervision: Perform all supervisory duties including day-to-day supervision of Technical Services and Library Assistants. Interview applicants, schedule, train, assign tasks, and assess performance. Establish, communicate, and uphold all policies and procedures. Assist with implementation of projects, and reporting. May assist with strategic planning. Supervises IT Assistants in the absence of the IT/Technical Services Manager.
2. Customer Experience: Ensure Technical Services and Library Assistants carry out all job duties and provide excellent customer service to all who use the Library whether in person, online or by phone. Attend to the user experience by providing technical support to all patrons of the Library.
3. Technical Support:
- Assists with and oversees cataloging, processing of materials, interlibrary loan and equipment troubleshooting. Helps manage the local database, including the development and maintenance of local authority files and holding deletions.
- Manages and monitors the Integrated Library System (ILS) software for critical Library business and services, currently Polaris by Innovative Interfaces, Inc. (III).
- Works with the technical services team to solve problems from staff on ILS related issues.
- Maintains a high level of technical proficiency concerning all aspects of the ILS.
- Oversees EDI ordering of materials and is responsible for the fiscal close of EDI orders.
- Provides effective direction to assigned staff to assure library services for the ILS system and its customers are high quality, accessible, inclusive, and equitable.
- Liaison to Acquisitions vendors.
4. Other duties as assigned.
Incumbents may be required to work nights and/or weekends and travel to external events.
Guidelines and results of work are defined. Determines how to accomplish tasks and provides direct supervision to others.
Full supervision of non-supervisory employees including hiring and firing recommendations and performance management responsibilities.
Education and Experience Required
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience with essential job functions. Coursework and experience may be substituted for a degree.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintains current knowledge of library trends, materials, practices, techniques and technology; exhibits a willingness to learn other applications as needed
- Thorough knowledge of and well versed in troubleshooting computers, photocopiers, network connections, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Proficient oral and written communication and social skills
Position requires being up and moving around the Library and at times stationary at work station. The job requires stooping, bending, squatting, stretching. Occasional lifting, such as three or four reams of paper, four or five books, or other materials (up to 25 pounds) may be required. Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (with keyboard, shelving), eye-hand coordination, data entry and computer use for accessing information. Should be conscious of appropriate ergonomics and workstation setup.
This general outline illustrates the type of work that characterizes the job. The statements in this job description are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,060.00 - $62,998.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location