|About this Job:||
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA PUBLIC LIBRARY
DC Public Library is going through transformation. Many wonderful things are happening here. If you enjoy a rewarding work environment where your hard work can truly make a difference, come join us! All positions require excellent customer service skills, commitment to public service and the willingness to learn and embrace change.
Experienced, innovative leader is needed to manage the branch operations and community outreach in one of the full service neighborhood libraries.
· Operates an efficient and customer-service oriented branch library
· Assumes a leadership role in system-wide projects
· Interprets and assists with the development of D.C. Public Library policies in managing the branch
· Supervises, trains, develops and evaluates staff
· Maintains a reference and circulating collection of books and other materials to meet the needs and interests of library customers
· Evaluates community use of branch services and submits reports on services.
QUALIFICATIONS: A Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school and a minimum of two year’s experience as a professional librarian are required. All applicants must present a combination of experience, education, skill, professional development and expertise that demonstrates the capacity to successfully perform the duties of the position.
|How to apply:||
To apply or for additional details, visit our website: www.dclibrary.org; Careers link