|About this Job:||
The Chief Technology Officer reports to the CEO and is responsible for establishing LSSI’s technical vision and overseeing all aspects of LSSI’s deployment of technology. This hands-on position is focused on technologies integral to outsourced library operations and technical services purchased by the federal and local governments and focused on technology required to run the company. These include, but are not limited to infrastructure, platforms, networking, network security, and backup procedures. The CTO is a highly visible member of the senior management team and is responsible for planning the evolution of systems used by LSSI and ensuring that the company’s technological resources sustain the ongoing day-to-day demands of the business as well as the delivery of its services and products. The CTO provides the leadership necessary to ensure smooth technical transitions at new contract sites and for system upgrades and migrations. The CTO is responsible for managing LSSI’s IT operations and staff in order fulfill the company’s mission and achieve its goals and objectives smoothly, cohesively, and collaboratively. The position requires a hands-on, rolled-up-sleeves team leader—one who is a detail-oriented, well-organized individual experienced in the evaluation, implementation and management of information technology resources. The CTO will travel to existing and new contract start-up sites throughout the company when necessary.
The Position’s Primary Responsibilities:
· Take the lead role in establishing LSSI’s technical vision and overseeing all aspects of the company’s technological development.
· Oversee technological opportunities and issues at the executive level.
· Lead the evaluation of existing technological solutions to address the company’s needs and those of its customers and end users.
· Work across all departments to ensure the company has adequate and appropriate technology resources to effectively meet the day-to-day demands of the business and deliver library and other services and products.
· Ensure smooth technical transitions at new contract sites and in system upgrades and migrations.
· Manage and work with the technology team by promoting best practices, rolling up your sleeves, and striving to establish technical standards for company operations.
· Provide leadership in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
· Complete other duties as assigned.
|How to apply:||
Requires application found at www.lssi.com . Resume and/or cover letter may be attached after submission of the required application form. Resumes without required application will not be considered. LSSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.